Including Guests in the Ceremony
In my 243 ceremonies I have performed the weddings that have stood out to me is the ones that include the wedding guest in some way during the ceremony, it is important to make them feel that there presence is important to you on your most special day.
Here are a few ceremony ideas to include your guest.
1. It is a great idea to allow your guest to mingle over cocktails or champagne before the ceremony. This relaxes your guest and instantly makes for a more cheerful room.
2. Face your guest during parts of your ceremony, such as your vows. Your smile and a wave will instantly make your guest feel more special.
3. Have your Officiant read a guest vow, they can promise to be there to support you both, in a fun-loving sort of way.
4. Give your guest a stone prior to the ceremony, have them make a wish for you, tell them you will display the stones in your home and think of all there warm thought. Your guest will feel they are part of your happiness. This ritual also works well near a body of water, after the kiss the guest can throw the stones in the water together, the ripple effect is awesome.
5. Give everyone a candle, after you have lit your unity candle you can pass your candle around the room until everyone’s candle is lit, next they can make a wish for you and blow it out at the end of the ceremony.
6. At the end of the ceremony have your entire guest sign a keepsake marriage license.
7. Have multiple guest read one sentence fun-loving readings during the ceremony, such as something from a children book.
8. Have your guest help pick the music for the ceremony. Email them a few songs you like, have them vote for the song they like best. In an age of American Idol, maybe texting their vote might be more fun.